Monday, January 13, 2014

Day Eleven in Belize:

     I had the worst night sleep last night. I had bug bites itching, my body could not make up its mind on whether it was hot or cold, loud noises throughout the night. Let's just say I was not a happy camper this morning. The hot shower this morning definitely helped though. We ate at our resort this morning for breakfast. We had grilled cheese, eggs, and sausage that was super great. We also had this freshly made orange juice that was to die for and I usually cannot stand it but a fresh glass changes it.
     After breakfast, we packed up and headed on over to the high school for a meeting with the leaders there about computers. After about an hour there, we went over to another high school nearby. When we got there, we got everything set up and ready for our first class session to begin. We learned a lot about how the money worked in Belize. We learned about how the school budget pays so much for just the electricity alone which consists of; laptop and desktop computers, lights, refrigerators, etc.. We also learned how having a laptop computer has it's pros and cons to it. For instance, a laptop is not heavy but can break easily when it is dropped and how small it is but can be easily stolen. Desktop computers also has it's pros and cons but I believe laptops are the way to go for our future because of how much they are evolving and changing for the better for our every day life. After we were done around four o clock, we headed out to go shopping for supplies that we needed. I had to get some anti-itch cream, another guy had to go to the bank, another wanted to get jerseys, and one wanted to go to the hardware store. So we left there around 4:20. Our professor was in a huge rush because he thought it was 5:30 and that is when our dinner is so we had to hurry. When we pulled in, someone said that it was only 4:30 when we got back and made a big joke out of it.
     So after we got back, we relaxed until dinner. For dinner we had chicken, salad, and rice. The chicken was covered in some kind of spicy sauce that was really good but did not look like it. I guess you really cannot judge a book by its cover.
     After dinner, we had our daily class for the night to wrap things up for the day. We talked about how a farmer made his own equipment like tractors and made millions off of it that was really cool to see how he did it.
     When class was finished, I went to the pool to relax finally. It was too cold to get in it all the way so I just stuck my feet in it and looked up to the beautiful clear sky to see all of the stars and a full moon. I took that time to reflect on all that I have done here and realized how happy I am to be here and to be a part of this group that is helping all kinds of people with what we do best. It is truly an experience and a blessing for me to whiteness and to be involved in this ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment