Saturday, January 4, 2014

[Insert cheesy, over used Belize joke here]

Hey all! I came in a little late on this blog thing, so here's a bit about myself.
I'm 21, and a senior studying Computer Science and Networking at MVNU. As you all have probably experienced already (my apologies!) I'm severely ADHD, with a little extra HD, so I tend to be rather lively, and occasionally a loose cannon. I have obstructive sleep apnea--mostly a side effect of my weight--so I'm lugging my CPAP along, so get used to sleeping with Vader ;D I mentioned my weight; I weigh about 290 last I check; that extra weight came freshman and sophomore years, during which I gained a total of 100 pounds, primarily due to drinking too much soda!

That's all well and good, but doesn't tell you much about who I am. I chose computer science because, well, it was a natural fit for me. I've been fascinated with computers and electronics since I was old enough to have any sort of concept of what they were. I was playing with LEDs, batteries, and switches at around 8 or so, and by 10 I had my own electronics kit and had assembled my own computer from spare parts by 12 or so. One of the words that best describes me is "curious". I want to know how everything works, and why things do what they do, and how to do whatever it is you may be doing. My mom has always said I was first cousin to Curious George, and often is telling me "Curiousity killed the cat!" (UGH!), to which my reply will always be "I'm not a cat! ;)" Personality-wise, I'm very open, willing to talk to almost anyone about almost anything; I draw energy and life from interaction with those around me, consequently meaning I don't handle loneliness or being an outcast well. I love to laugh, but love to make others laugh more. Expect a lot of dumb, cheesy jokes as I attempt to be original.

I am a total music nut, and will listen to just about anything. There are a few very important exceptions: ultra hard, metalcore type stuff (what are they saying, anyway?) the majority of "secular" rap, and most modern country. Current areas of focus are Industrial, alternative, and pretty much the entire Electronic genre. Don't pull out the disco unless you want things to get completely ridiculous. I love to play music as well, and can either already play--or learn to play fairly quickly--just about any instrument you hand me.

I've wanted to go to Belize with the MVNU groups since senior year in high school, and finally, conditions lined up for it to work. I'll admit, the heat, humidity, and bugs are NOT my cup of tea--I'd rather be in Alaska, as far as the weather is concerned. Other than that weather note, I'm loving it here--the people are open, friendly, and welcoming, the food is great, and most importantly, people actually fix stuff when it breaks, rather than throwing it out! WIN!



No comments:

Post a Comment