Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day Nine in Belize:

     Today was such a great day. We left the camp grounds, arrived at the log cabins, and I actually got to work with things that have to do with my major. Thank God we did not see another tarantula at the camp grounds for the last time this morning. This morning we had breakfast and packed up to get ready to leave. Some of us were ready to leave, and so we're not so much ready because we wanted to hang out with the education department a while longer. But I am sure we will run into them a few times during our stay here hopefully.
     When we arrived, we were stunned and speechless at how nice this resort was and we are very grateful that we are here for the rest of our time in Belize. It feels almost like home. We saw that they were putting in a new walkway to one of the dorms because they knew we had a guy that could not walk very well, so that out that in just so he could get to and out of the dorm which I found awesome to see how people down here are so nice and would go out of their way to do something like that to someone that they did not even know. Our professor decided to try to get our van closer to the dorms by backing in and ended up getting stuck. So we had to wait about half an hour for the workers at the resort to get their tractor ready and hooked onto the van and pull it out. They got it out easily. We went back to the camp grounds to pick everyone else up and a couple things go luggage that we could not fit in the van.
     So when we came back, we ate lunch that the mentors brought back. We had Mexican food. After lunch, I got straight to work with Doug. We mainly worked on trying to get the Wifi working at the resort. We got a good deal on living here because we are helping set up the wifi here. And let me tell you, it was probably the most experience I have ever had with networking. It was not only fun, but it was beneficial to get to know what I would be doing with my major. I think I finally picked the right major. It just felt right and it was a lot of fun to just see how everything worked. Some of the stuff was kind of over my head but I managed to get through it alright.
     There is still a lot of work that needs to be done, but we will do our very best to make the internet good for the area for a long time to come hopefully. I really wanted to swim and relax today but I would rather do work with my major to see if I really want to do this or not and I believe I really do. I hope to have time to finally swim tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment