Wednesday, January 8, 2014

God in Service?

Hoy hago muchas cosas, pero antes de nosotros trabajamos este manana hubo problemas con una coche. Las personas de Kenyon tenamos un poco tiempo para dormir y hablar entre nosotros. Cuando la otra coche llegó nosotros trabajemos en las sistemas de filtracion de agua.

I'll say the rest in English.It has been fascinating to be in a place where I can practice my Spanish, even though I realize that it is not up to speed of the locals, it has been great to attempt to communicate, especially with the kids. Language barriers may exist for many, however, they can be broken down if you are willing to spend time with the children or if you find ways to make sure that you don't appear to be superior to the locals. While yhis trip has been fascinating, I don't really know whether it has changed my outlook on anything in part because I have participated in various forms of service around the United States. Some forms of service have been more meaningful than others, in part due to the strength of the bonds I have built with the people of that particular community.

Perhaps the one thing I have been surprised by is how little we have talked about faith throughout the entire week as a group. When I consider my faith, I percieve service to be a large part of my beliefs; however, I often consider that my serbice could have just as easily been done by a decent human being who doesnt neccesarily believe. So...where does that leave us? It would be easy for me to renounce my faith and continue to do good deeds and build relationships. I guess my thoughts over the past two days have turned to where people see God in service...or even in their daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment