Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day Seventeenth in Belize:

     The new medicine is working remarkably! I cannot believe how much they have helped so much in such a short amount of time. I almost feel no pain in my stomach and my running nose has almost stopped. I am feeling really blessed (not for drugs) for God helping me through all of this. Without Him, I would be a huge mess.
     We woke up this morning to go to a Apostolic church that a friend of my professor and mentor goes to. I have not been to a church like that in years. I was shocked and found some things humorous in church that I never knew or had forgotten before. One thing that shocked me was how short the sermon was but everything else lasted a long time that included; prayers, scripture readings, communion, greetings, and singing. I found it quite hilarious that every week the priest asks everyone if that have a birthday, anniversary, and international travails going on during the week and he will have the people come up and he will pray for them. It was a really good idea I thought but different. The people there were as nice as can be and the church was mainly filled with white English speaking people. Felt a lot like home except the whole Apostolic routines. It was interesting to see what kind of other religions there are out there, but I think I will stay with the crazy Pentecostals.
     We skipped breakfast to get to church on time so we ate breakfast when we got back to the cabins. I skipped breakfast to work on some homework and relax for a while. We all just chilled by doing our own thing until lunch time. We ended up going out for lunch around three today which was a pretty late meal but it was definitely worth the wait. We went to a local pasta restaurant and got spaghetti that had a chicken wing in it. It was an interesting combo, but it was good. The garlic bread though was to die for. You could put that with just about anything and it would fit right in. That was our last meal for the day. It definitely filled me up so I am still good for the night.
     After dinner, a bus pulls in and it was the education group just passing by. So, we stayed and our professor and mentor talked to them for a while and the departed as did we. When we got back, me and a couple of guys went to the restaurant at the resort to get some desert. They did not have anything good so me and another guy got virgin piña coladas. The bartender was new and was not sure how to make it so it took him a while to get it to us but it still tasted good enough for me. I feel like I have to get at least one when I go to a tropical place. Tomorrow we are going to the schools for most of the day and that is all that I know of but anything could happen between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment