Friday, January 24, 2014

Day Twenty Two in Belize:

     Well, today is the last day at the log cab-ins for us that are going back home on Monday.  We are getting up early tomorrow to go to a new town that is more of a touristy area so I am sure there will be a lot to do around there. I have experienced so much on this trip already that I did not think there was going to be more activities in Belize! I am super pumped for all of the fun things we are going to do in the little time we have remaining.
     Today for breakfast we had cereal, yogurt, and a muffin. It sounds like a small meal, but it was quite filling so it did it well. We then chilled until we left for class in the afternoon. I did not know I was suppose to be doing some of the homework that the guys in the class were doing so I found out the hard way today while I was checking on my paper. What a surprise that was. Luckily, I got it all done today so it was not that bad and it was fun to be working for a class that I enjoy. We had two classes again today.
     After classes, we left to go back to the log cab-ins. When we got there, we all went our separate ways until dinner as usual. I was also helping my mentor with some networking stuff that had to be done before we leave. It was mainly finding out what was wrong with an access point and fixing wires so that it looks presentable in the cabins.
     We then went to dinner. This was probably the best chicken I have ever had. It was Parmesan chicken with backed potatoes, garlic bread, and a salad. I honestly could have ate another one if they gave me one. I am going to miss the food that they serve here and the people serving it. Everyone that works here are very nice and willing to help any way they can. We had a friend that is a teacher at one of the schools join us with him and his family. It was nice to talk to him as a friend and not as a co-worker since we did help his school with the Wi-Fi. He had the cutest little baby girl. I tried to make a funny face by giving her "raspberries", but she cried when I did that. So after a while, she was looking at me again and I just smiled big, she did as well. I finally knew what made her smile so I continued to do it every so often to see that cute smile of hers. We got chocolate bananas for desert that were out of this world. They were frozen on a stick that was unique. I do not think they have those in America, so I will miss those too.
     We went back to our rooms after desert. So here I am writing this to end my night. Our professor said that there was no class tonight that it was going to be a party. I believe they are watching a movie tonight but I did not hear which one so I am on my bed for the night unless I get a better offer. I cannot wait for snorkeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment