Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day Nineteenth in Belize:

      Today was a good day and a decent morning despite having to get up at 6:30am. I woke up somewhat awake but it took me until about 7:10 to actually get out of bed and get ready. Breakfast was good as always with bacau, eggs, and biscuits with butter and cinnamon that my mentor kept from a couple of days ago that was still good. Apparently he does not to waste his food and I do not blame him at all because I do not either (it is clearly noticeable).
     After breakfast, we just chilled out for the day and worked on homework until lunch. We had a rough draft of a paper that is due tonight that all of us worked on pretty much the whole morning. Lunch came around. We had tortillas with peanut butter and jelly. It was the soft tortillas that I really enjoy since I do not care for crunchy food and with peanut butter and jelly, it could get really messy easily if it breaks.
     After lunch, we went over to the school to have class. It was our lab day so since it was the kind of the first day, we just brainstormed on projects that we would be interested in. There are three groups of at least three people in each group so there were significant number of ideas being thrown out from each group. Our group started out with seven different ideas, but we were told to reduce it to about three or four which was kind of hard since we all liked our ideas and wanted to do them, but a couple of them were pointless down here in Belize. Each group has one person from Belize since they are taking this course as well. I cannot wait to see what they are capable of and hopefully learn a couple things from them before I leave next week. We only have two more class sessions with them.
     After class, we went into town to get some supplies and some of us wanted to go shopping. I went with another guy and the professor to get food for tomorrow's lunch and to help carry it all back to the van. I had to carry a ton of pop that was really heavy, another guy had to carry a heavy thing of water, and our professor had the peanut butter and tortillas. I wonder what we are having tomorrow?! It is always a good meal to have so I am not complaining. When we came back, we got ready for dinner. We had chicken, vegetables, and rice. That was probably the best chicken I have had down here so I definitely wanted more, but I could not find the room to put it in since I was so full.
     I thought we were going to have class after dinner, but I guess not so I am writing this instead to get this out of the way so I can enjoy my night with no homework and no worries. Tomorrow sounds like it is going to be a chill day (hopefully) to get more homework done and relax for our busy week we are about to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment