Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Last Night

It was nice coming back to Belize from Guatemala. Although Guatemala had a lot of things that opened up new ways of thinking to me, Belize feels more like home. Getting back into our bunks, we were greeted by our new bunk mates, the Education department. It was nice because I knew some of them already, so there was no awkwardness between us. Seeing some of the other Professor's I have had in class was nice too. The next day we got up and had some relax time while Dr. Skon took the Kenyon kids to the airport for them to head back to the US. While Skon was away, the rest of us students got to work with Doug configuring out network for our new campsite and cleaning up some of the existing WiFi. I originally started helping Jason configure the routers, then once we finally found the proper config files, it was easier to just unplug and plug in the routers into one computer. Doug then asked me to rewire and move the existing routers at the camp. So I got a ladder from the groundskeeper at the camp and starting snipping and moving stuff around. After a couple attempts, Nick and I got it up to Doug's standards. The rest of the night consisted of relaxing and enjoying our last night at the camp. The people at the camp were so nice and all the people I got to meet and talk to was awesome. You can learn a lot from a few people, and I am glad I got to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment