Sunday, January 26, 2014

Friendly Island Adventure!


Today I rode the boat and got to the island. I slept on the car ride over, but not on the boat. I liked the boat, something about the way it floats encourages my imagination. I can conjure intrepid fantasyscapes, the tunes of a thousand false people play in my head. Basically, it's inspirational. I don't know what it is about boats, but I feel more comfortable on them than in cars. Too bad cars are much more prevalently used to travel.
I get a similar feeling on planes, to be honest, although planes are easier to ride on and they're more comfortable for sleeping (for me in particular because I'm so small and so my legs don't take up much space). It could be that it's just these modes of transportation are somewhat foreign to my life, but then again I have ridden on canoes and boats before, and I've also flown on a round plane trip before as well. Maybe it has to do with being in a more fluid medium? I'd probably change my tune if the turbulence was super bad or the waves were horrible. But who's to say for sure?
The island is super muddy, I wouldn't want to be here on a rainy day. Something tells me it's a possibility, though maybe I've just jinxed it.
Anyway, the internet is bad here, but it's really comfortable and the view is nice. Getting around here is worse than any place I've been at so far though with several flights of stairs, dust everywhere, thin doors and unnecessary steps everywhere. A nightmare for a wheelchair guy like me. Apparently this isn't a wheelchair accessible island.
But who cares about those wheelchair guys, am I right people?
Dad is sneezing up a storm here. He's allergic to something around here, probably. Or maybe this is his body's reaction to not getting a bicycle ride every two seconds. The truth is probably somewhere in between. You know what that means: THE GOLDEN MEAN FALLACY... STRIKES AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment