Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day Twelve in Belize:

     I slept so great last night finally! Even though I went to bed late and I woke up at 6am this morning. It was the earliest I have woken up for the whole time that I have been here. I was alone getting ready because our mentor went to pick up a professor at the airport that went home for a long weekend because his grandfather past away and he was the pallbearer for the funeral. Went to breakfast at 7:15 when it usually begins and waited for about an half an hour until everyone else came up and the food was served. We had banana flavored pancakes that was outstanding and some kind of orange juice mixed with something.
     After breakfast, we had a meting at 9. We discussed what our paper consists of and went over a paper that our professor and mentor wrote a few years ago that was well-written about their travels to other countries and helping them. It was interesting to see how it was like twenty years ago in Belize and other places. In one part of the story, our professor broke his foot while trying to kill mosquitoes which I found hysterical because it sounds like something that would happen to me. And how one time they forgot a power cord for a desktop computer that they had brought down to Belize. We worked on the paper that is due this week as a rough draft that has to be 5-10 pages which is not that bad considering we have at least three people to a team so it is easy to divide up the work among each other.
     After working on that for a couple of hours, I finally got to go swimming for the first time while on this trip and it was extremely cold but the hot weather today helped dry me off when I was done swimming. But I was not wet from the water, I was wet because of the sweat that was coming from my head after it was dry. It was not a cloudy day so the sun was shinning bright.
     After swimming, we had our class meeting for the day then headed on over to dinner. We had fish, rice, and a salad. I was afraid to try fish down here but it was pretty good even though I am not huge on fish but it was not bad nor am I feeling anything from the fish yet and hopefully I will not. We took a few group pictures that our professor took that will be remembered for generations. After we ate dinner, we came back to the room and started doing computer work on the computers that we brought up and hopefully will be operational for the people in Belize to use. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow, but I will be ready for whatever comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment