Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day Ten in Belize:

     I went to bed last night with my roommate snoring and the dogs barking at him. Let's just say that it was a musical night for me. But I ended up sleeping well in this big bed by myself. Woke up this morning to get some breakfast that our professor brought from the store. We had cereal and oatmeal with honey and sugar. It was filling despite on how much we had between our entire group.
     After breakfast, we went to church in a nearby village. It was somewhat different from the church last week, some good and some not so good ways but not terrible. The people there were very friendly which every church should have those kind of people. They sang songs in English and then they would sing the same song in Spanish so it was kind of confusing at times to understand and keep up. Then for reading the Scriptures, they would first read it in English and then read it in Spanish. That may seem annoying, but it is nice so that everyone can understand and get something out of it.
     After church, we went to a restaurant that looks like it used to be a hanger for something big. It was a ginormous place. I had a chicken burger and two bean and cheese burritos that was under twelve dollars, you cannot beat that! And it was delicious as well. Finishing up lunch, we headed back to the cabins. We relaxed for most of the day. Some of us watched a movie, and some took a nap. I was one of those that took a nap for the first time on this trip and it was much needed. I woke up and it was about time for dinner. We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and tortillas which is always a great and delicious meal.
     While eating dinner, we talked about what we were going to be doing tomorrow and see what all we wanted to do. It sounds like our plans are going to require some work, but at the same time, it will be a lot of fun I believe. After dinner, it was more relaxing time which we have not had in quite some time. It is really nice to have some free time every once and a while so it feels like we are on a somewhat vacation here. But I feel like tomorrow is to be a whole new different experience since that is when our class officially starts. I am kind of excited and somewhat nervous about it because we have so much to do every day and the final paper is going to probably be the end of me. But oh well, at least I have enjoyed my time in Belize.

No comments:

Post a Comment