Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day Sixthteenth in Belize:

     Today was a good day. Woke up feeling better but still went to the bathroom a couple of times during the night and I got to sleep in until 8am! Had breakfast around 9:10 which was just milk and cereal that seems to always fill me up. We ate the log cabin since we could not eat it at restaurant part of the resort because we brought food in from outside and we did not want to be rude. We then relaxed until until lunch time. For lunch we had peanut butter and jelly tortillas (surprise!) but I really enjoy that kind of meal. It's nice, simple, and easy to make.
     We were going to go tubing today, but we canceled that because it was too cold which was around the 60s I believe and it was really cloudy so the sun was not even out. So instead, we went to a Amish country (yes in Belize they have Amish countries). It really reminded me of home because of all of the farms, cows, restaurants (Golden Corral), building, fast food places, roads, lands, English speaking people, and Caucasians. I have not been more homesick than I was today. We went into this super market that reminded me of Walmart. It had just about anything you wanted so I got a few snacks and some drinks for later. They took American money and credit cards which was kind of surprising to me, but I used Belize money so that I would not have to worry about converting it all when I got back to the States.
     We were in the Amish town for a couple of hours. We then ate dinner at this ice cream place that reminded me of Dairy Queen. It had just about everything that they would have and it tasted better. I had a burger with a chocolate milkshake that was really good. The shake tasted different, but in a good unique way. So we hung out there for a while to enjoy home.
     After dinner, we were on the road back to the log cabins. We came back and started to go our separate ways to enjoy our Saturday night by resting and recovering from a long week of work and school. There are only eight more days left that I am here for so I am going to make the most out of the days that I have left (when my stomach feels 100% first). I am really hoping that we go tubing at least once and snorkeling once too since I have never done either of those activities. I enjoy being out and away from a computer screen for a while to enjoy the many things Belize has to offer for us and to enjoy the beautiful scenery around us. Tomorrow is an 8am church service and after that, I do not know what we are doing, but I am sure it will be a good time as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment