Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day Twenty Three in Belize:

     Well today was the day. We left the log cab-ins and went on our long van ride to Caye Caulker. Apparently there was breakfast where the other guys were staying at but when I got there, all of the food was gone so I skipped out on breakfast. So I had a couple of my cookies before we left. We had two vans this time so we could hold more people and luggage. I am not sure how long the ride took, because I was asleep or busy playing games to pay much attention on where we were going. It just felt like a long time.
     Our first stop at a water taxi to get to the island. I never knew that had those down here and that was fun to ride in and see all of the different islands and the clear blue water on our 45 minute ride to our destination. Of course I took a lot of pictures on the boat. The boat was packed out with people so it was really uncomfortable when the taxi would hit a big wave. We had to stop at one place before arriving at Caye Caulker since that was the first stop for the taxi. Some people stayed there so that made more room on the boat.
     When we finally arrived at Caye Caulker, we stood right outside of the boat and enjoyed the view. The clear blue water, the palm trees, and all of the other islands around us. It was a great view and this place is beautiful. We started walking to our hotel shortly after this. This place is some kind of Chinese hotel that is super nice in every way. The building itself is huge and beautiful, and the rooms are big and well made even though there is sand everywhere but you cannot really help that around a beach. We had lunch shortly after we arrived. We had fried jacks with meat inside that was to die for. I have never had a fried jack that was so good before. This place also has the best orange juice in the world (so my professor and mentor says) and I believe that it is the best.
     After lunch, I decided to take a nap while most of the group did other activities. When I woke up, we went to dinner. We sat outside (glad it did not rain!) to eat our meal. They served French fries, chicken on the bone, rice, and beans. The chicken was a pain in the butt to get the bones out but the chicken was amazing.
     After dinner, we went out for ice cream. I had a scoop of chunky monkey (banana with chocolate chips) and a scoop of Oreo on a waffle cone that was so good. We then went into a shop, but did not have anything I was looking for unfortunately. Hopefully I will find the things I am looking for tomorrow. Tomorrow we are going snorkeling finally! Super excited about that and we are spending the day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment