Friday, January 17, 2014

Day Fifth-Teen in Belize:

     My professor bought me some medicine last night for my stomach that actually worked. I slept like a baby last night and woke up in a good mood because my stomach was feeling a little bit better. I did not think it would work so fast but I am truly glad it did. Maybe I will be almost 100% for tubing tomorrow so I can enjoy that to the fullest. I also have not been to the bathroom as much for my stomach, I have mainly been in there to blow my nose due to the drastic weather change here so it is more than likely to be sinuses so I am not too worried about that. I just hate that the snot goes down and gets into my mustache then it becomes a nuisance.
     For breakfast we had two burritos (I believe that is what they were). They were not too bad but I am trying to stay away from beans for a few days until my stomach calms down completely so that I do not have any more problems. We then just chilled until some of the guys went to one of the computer labs that was around here. I missed my chance on going because I found out at the last second and the bus had already left but I saw that some other guys had stayed behind so I do not feel as bad for not going even though it would have been a nice experience. So I stayed behind and worked on some homework and blogs for the day. It was a nice and relaxing day that was much needed to get caught up on some homework and sleep. I took an hour nap today that was glorious.      
     Not long after the guys came back, we went to get some dinner. This was probably the best meal they have served at the resort. It was chicken alfredo that was to die for even though I took the few tomatoes that was in it out of it. We also had a biscuit with it. After dinner, we went out as a group to go in town to get some ice cream. I had a scoop of sour sob and a scoop of oreo cookie that was delicious. I almost forgot the taste of ice cream because it has been so long since I have had some. Hopefully I am losing some weight since I have not had many sweets on this trip.
     When we came back, we had our class session for the day. The group was going to watch a tv show but I decided to come back to my room early to write this and get a good night sleep tonight since we get to sleep in until 9am tomorrow! Plus we are going tubing down some river that will be a blast. I am so excited for something exotic and fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment