Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Squad

     Well, the group is finally settled into our home for rest of the trip, and without any major       setbacks. The van survived a trip to and from Belize miraculously and the Kenyon group got to the hotel in one piece. It was awesome having them on the beginning of this trip, and I am glad there was a great seam between Kenyon and the Naz on this trip. 
It was great to see one of my friends who lives in Belmopan, and be able to connect and relate on some things we have experienced so far. I hooked him up with Dwight Tillet’s son in law Paul in case they wanted to collaborate on any music productions. In a small country such as this I have seen how having mutual contacts can be very beneficial.
Seeing the classroom we will occupy at Sacred Hearts College was great as well. I am excited for us to interact with the Belizean students we will take the classes with. It will be interesting to share perspectives with them in class and broaden my learning experience through that as well. I hope there are no major issues in dealing with the where the students are coming from education-wise. In our discussion yesterday Q mentioned the concept of being a part of something bigger than yourself. That's a simple phrase I always heard growing up and thought about, but I am realizing what that's really like in this sort of context. I am excited to see where this experience will lead and how we'll mature as a group.





No comments:

Post a Comment