Friday, January 17, 2014

Day Fourteen in Belize:

     Wow, it has already been two weeks since I arrived to Belize. The time really does fly by when you are having fun. It has been a great two weeks seeing everything, meeting new people, and of course trying all of the different kind of foods they have here. During the whole two weeks, there was only one time when I did not like the food. That was obviously the hotdogs at the camp grounds. I cannot believe that we only have a week and a half left here, but it is kind of bittersweet.
     Another sleepless night due to stomach problems and bathroom visits. I wonder when this will start to get better. It just feels like it is staying the same and sometimes it feels like it is getting worse. I cannot even tell anymore. Went to breakfast around 7:30 and waited until 9 as usual. I decided that I was not going to miss out on another trip with everyone because of my illness that I was just going to fight through it. We headed out. We went back to the high school and helped with some computer work that needed to be done. We were done in about an hour so after work we just chilled and talked until lunch arrived. We had Mexican food that was good even though I am trying to stay away from beans for a while. We then went out and visited some places around town.
     Our last stop was at a resort that our mentor was interested in for him and his wife to stay at sometime in the future. This resort was beautiful in every way shape and form. The land was extremely large and we did not see a lot of it apparently. One of the first things we saw was their pool. The pool was up high and had a waterfall at the edge of it coming down to ground  level. The pool was made of marble that was beautiful. We then walked around and saw all of the different houses that you can stay at. To stay there was only $250 a night in American dollars which is decently good price and I bet the food is outstanding there too. But I am happy at the log cabins. We get to experience some wild life while enjoying technology around us.
     The guys were making fun of me for being the outcast by staying with our mentor alone, but I have found it very beneficial for my major and I have enjoyed his presence and our conversations together. And the bed here is big and comfortable. I hope this weekend comes fast so I can finally go tubing and have some fun! And I hope and pray that I will get over this sickness and enjoy the rest of the time that I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment