Monday, January 6, 2014

The Chimney Erectors of Mango Village

Today we took another trip, this one to a village called Mango. We had been enlisted in helping them build stoves, which was a task based entirely around physically active. The first family we visited had a daughter who immediately caught my eye, namely due to the fact that she showed physical deformity similar to dwarfism. It may or may not have been obvious to the common eye, probably was, but it reminded me of how lucky I was to live in a place where treatment of my disability was even possible, let alone good treatment. She'll probably have a hard and painful life ahead of her unless she manages to break the mold somehow. She has my best wishes.

We visited a couple of houses, and erected stoves and chimneys for these houses. However, since I was largely irrelevant I just sat in the corner playing video games. I try not to just play video games all the time while on trips so that I don't miss what it has to offer, but I really do just feel useless if I'm not doing something and I'm rubbish at starting conversations.

We had some pasta for dinner. I cleaned my plate faster than anybody else. It was nice.

At the end of the day I learned what we have to do to set up some long lasting lights. Looks like I won't be irrelevant tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment