Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day Twenty-one in Belize:

     This was probably the most relaxing day that I have had on this entire trip and it was much needed right before we leave this country. Our professor and mentor left early this morning to go to a meeting instead of eating breakfast with us. I was planning on sleeping in until noon, but that did not happen. I am too used to getting up at 6:00am and going to bed before 10:00pm and I have never done this in my life, even when college started I would have to get up at 7:30am but did not go to bed until after midnight. So I stayed up and waited for breakfast at 7:30am. We had French toast and eggs. I have not had French toast since our time in Guatemala so it was nice to have that again. I always enjoy a good breakfast and it makes my day much better so I am glad that I did not sleep in and skip breakfast.
     After breakfast, we all went into the log cabin that most of our guys stayed at to chill. We were there for most of the morning and played some video games to relax our minds. Today was also a homework day for those who were behind and we had plenty of time to do it all. Most of the homework was the journals I believe. I really hope I have enough to meet the requirement for them but it is hard to check it with no computer.  I have had to barrow a guys computer to just turn in some of the homework. I ended up skipping lunch since I did not want to leave my room so I just had a bunch of my snacks. That filled me up for the most part. I then continued to have a nice day with doing nothing since I do not have homework to do except this journal. After a while, I took an hour nap before dinner. It was amazing even though it was really hot in my room and I did not bother turning on the air conditioning. I am not sure why I did not do that, stupid me. I went to dinner after my nap. We had beef stew, rice, and a salad. It was a nice and tasty dinner.
     After dinner, we had class that lasted about two hours. It was definitely an interesting one. We discussed what we learned and what might have changed us during our time here so far since some of us are about to leave. So we took some time to reflect on everything we have done so far. After class, I went back to my room out my stuff there and came to the restaurant up the hill to enjoy a virgin piña colada while doing this journal entry. I could get used to this, but unfortunately, I am leaving in a couple days. We are leaving Saturday to go stay somewhere else for a couple of days until we leave. I hope we do a lot of fun stuff before we leave! The thought of going home is kind of bitter sweet. It is nice to realize how fortunate I am but it makes me sad that not everyone can enjoy what i enjoy. I am glad that I came on this trip to see how other people live their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment